What is a good topic? Beginners often find themselves engaged in trying to answer this question correctly and exactly, discussing it in a group of fellow writers and experts. This of course is an important question to answer, for an exact answer will help them create the good piece of writing and subsequently, it will create immense value for the readers.
It is always wise to take a step towards the answer, i.e., to explore the solution of the problem you are dealing with. Hence, it is always good to define the basic features of the problem, i.e., the features of the good topic, so that it breaks up into several pieces. Then it is easy to deal with each of these pieces and make a surge in tilting the struggle towards ourselves. Hence, it is good to jot down a couple of basic features, which can be possibly applied to every kind of writing, and see the question ‘what is a good topic?’ through them, and witness that the identification of the good topic becomes easier.
Some of the basic features of the good topic are as follows (these can be modified as per an individual’s comfort):
1. The write up on the good topic shows a transition, i.e., the piece of writing does not end at the point at which it starts; rather, it grows, develops and ends when the bar is raised.
2. While writing, the author feels comfortable and happy. The body is relaxed, feels that positive energy is oozing out of the body at the end of the process of writing. The process gives mental and physical satisfaction to the writer. The author forgets about his/her hunger, surroundings and the time taken for coming up with the final copy of the write up.
3. While reading, readers show more than the average response to the good topic. They spread the word about it and, due to this, the new readers read and reread it.
4. The good topic impresses the critiques and earns their respect, i.e., they find it difficult to criticize about.
5. The good topic inspires the contemporary writers and the newcomers. The writing fraternity takes it as an opportunity to explore creating more such write ups and help generate a chain, or a complete domain, of such future write ups.