TEST PAPER -- III
MORDEN INDIAN HISTORY – HAIDER ALI AND TIPU SULTAN
The following is an effort for extending a helping hand towards UPSC aspirants. This is a set of a model test paper. The questions are based on a particular topic that has been mentioned above. These are multiple choice questions as are asked in the UPSC exam. These questions are also helpful for the other competitive exams held in the country from time to time. The students are required to answer them based on the best of their knowledge and ability. The questions include some very easy, easy, hard and very hard queries on the particular topic. It is hoped that students will find this test engaging. The answers to these questions will be provided in next two days, along with a new test.
1. Where did Haider Ali set up an arsenal with the French help?
2. When did the First Anglo-Maysore war take place?
3. Who among the following arranged a Triple Alliance against Tipu in 1790?
a. Lord Wellesley
b. Lord Hastings
c. Lord Cornwallis
d. Baji Rao
4. Who all were included in the Triple Alliance?
a. British, Maratha, Nizam
b. Nizam, French, British
c. Maratha, French, Nizam
d. French, British, Maratha
5. What happened on 4th May 1799?
a. Haider Ali died.
b. Tipu defeated Marathas.
c. Seringapatam fell to the British.
d. French, while helping Tipu, defeated the British.
6. What among the following is correct about Tipu?
a. He did not encourage western administrative measures I his kingdom.
b. There was no office of the Wazir or the Prime Minister in his administration.
c. He was arrested by the British in 1799.
d. The French Revolution did not influence him.
7. After 1784, Tipu divided his kingdom into ………….. provinces called, asafi tukris.
8. Tipu employed …………… officers to train his troops.
c. South Indian
9. Mangalore, Wajidabad, and Molidabad were important places in Tipu’s Maydore kingdom. Why were they important?
a. These were military training centres.
b. These were the battlegrounds in the Anglo-Maysore wars.
c. These were dockyards.
d. These were the towns developed by Tipu.
10. What was the name of Tipu Sultan’s mother?