TEST PAPER -- IV
MORDEN INDIAN HISTORY – DECLINE OF MUGHAL EMPIRE
The following is an effort for extending a helping hand towards UPSC aspirants. This is a set of a model test paper. The questions are based on a particular topic that has been mentioned above. These are multiple choice questions as are asked in the UPSC exam. These questions are also helpful for the other competitive exams held in the country from time to time. The students are required to answer them based on the best of their knowledge and ability. The questions include some very easy, easy, hard and very hard queries on the particular topic. It is hoped that students will find this test engaging. The answers to these questions will be provided in next two days, along with a new test.
1. When Aurangzeb died, he was …………… years old.
2. After the execution of ……………., Saiyid brothers raised in quick succession Emperor Rafi-ud-Darjat, Rafi-ud-Daula, and then Muhammad Shah.
a. Hussain Ali
b. Abdulla Khan
d. Saadat Khan
3. Jahandar Shah was the leader of
a. Irani group
b. Muslim group
c. Hindu group
d. Maratha group
4. What is correct about Saiyids?
a. They were descendents of the Prophet.
b. They did not play any major role in the Mughal politics.
c. They were active from 1690 to 1698.
d. They represented reformist interests.
5. In ……………, the Nizam was appointed as Wazir at Delhi.
6. The founder of the independent principality of Oudh was Saadat Khan, popularly known as ……………
7. Churaman was the …….. leader.
8. Who defeated Nizam in December 1737 at Bhopal?
d. Nadir Shah
9. …………… wrote Siuar-ul-Mutukherin.
a. Ghulam Husain
b. Prince Muazzam
c. Nadir Shah
d. Shah Tahmasp
10. Ahmad Shah Abdali was …………….
a. An Iranian merchant
b. A young Afghan officer
c. A Turani ulema
d. A saint