ANSWERS TO TEST PAPER -- III
MORDEN INDIAN HISTORY – EMINENT NATIONAL LEADERS OF INDIA
Students are requested to first try to solve the test papers on their own, and then see the answers provided herein for the verification of the answers which they arrived at. Although utmost care has been taken while listing the answers, students are requested to bring about error, if any, in the same.
1. Where did Haider Ali set up an arsenal with the French help?
2. When did the First Anglo-Maysore war take place?
3. Who among the following arranged a Triple Alliance against Tipu in 1790?
a. Lord Wellesley
b. Lord Hastings
c. Lord Cornwallis
d. Baji Rao
Ans: Lord Cornwallis
4. Who all were included in the Triple Alliance?
a. British, Maratha, Nizam
b. Nizam, French, British
c. Maratha, French, Nizam
d. French, British, Maratha
Ans: British, Maratha, Nizam
5. What happened on 4th May 1799?
a. Haider Ali died.
b. Tipu defeated Marathas.
c. Seringapatam fell to the British.
d. French, while helping Tipu, defeated the British.
Ans: Seringapatam fell to the British.
6. What among the following is correct about Tipu?
a. He did not encourage western administrative measures I his kingdom.
b. There was no office of the Wazir or the Prime Minister in his administration.
c. He was arrested by the British in 1799.
d. The French Revolution did not influence him.
Ans: There was no office of the Wazir or the Prime Minister in his administration.
7. After 1784, Tipu divided his kingdom into ………….. provinces called, asafi tukris.
8. Tipu employed …………… officers to train his troops.
c. South Indian
9. Mangalore, Wajidabad, and Molidabad were important places in Tipu’s Maydore kingdom. Why were they important?
a. These were military training centres.
b. These were the battlegrounds in the Anglo-Maysore wars.
c. These were dockyards.
d. These were the towns developed by Tipu.
Ans: These were dockyards.
10. What was the name of Tipu Sultan’s mother?